Sunday, August 26, 2012

The World We Live In

Hello gingers! As you probably know, Neil Armstrong passed away yesterday.

I didn't talk about it because I was so obsessed over my things and I wanted to save my big rant about it today.

You guys know my opinions on NASA and space exploration in general, and having something like this happen has a substancial impact on my world around me.

I already talked a bit about what happened on ION. Here's the link if you would like to check it out: http://teamion.blogspot.com/2012/08/mr-armstrong.html

But I don't think I talked enough about Mr. Armstrong himself. He was not the one who made lengthy novels about his trip to the moon and him being the first one to step on another world. He did not act like he was the amazing outlier that he was.

And I'm so glad for that. I'm so glad he didn't tell us everything. I'm so glad that he kept us guessing until the very end.

I could never imagine what walking on the moon would be like. And it's not like I could just google it and find out the real answer. Mr. Armstrong left us wonder what mysteries lay in the last frontier.

And I like to think that he was just waiting until the day we could all go to the moon and experience it for ourselves. I may not live to see that day, but I will sure try.

Mr. Armstrong broke boundaries that others wouldn't. And we tip our hats to him, and everyone who has helped to make this world and the worlds that lay beyond it a better place.

Thank you Mr. Armstrong for your time and dedication to space exploration, and thank you for paving the way for others to be inspired.

Thank you for inspiring me.

Once again, go humans.

-Rachael Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment