Monday, August 13, 2012

My First Day Of High School

Hello gingers! I'm here to talk about my first day of high school and all it has encompassed.

It. Was. Cray.

We wound up at school and the cheerleaders were there cheering us into the building which totally wasn't awkward at all. I came in, I saw tons of old friends and we screamed and squealed and hugged because we are teenagers and all. We then went into the gym and we were taught cheers by Varsity. I have a friend on Varsity, so I'm cool.

And we went to homeroom and my teacher is really just amazing. She is so fun and sarcastic and amazing. I suddenly just felt that whatever barrier is between lower grade school teachers and students was shattered. High school teachers treat us differently. I like that a lot.

And we got made fun of by them a bit for being freshman too. So that's cool.

Today was just freshman though. Tomorrow the big kids come in too.

And we played games and went about the rest of our day. My teachers are all really amazing, and I'm so excited to actually have class with them. That will start tomorrow basically.

This morning, I decided to wear a batman shirt, which I'm proud of looking back on. Frick yeah.

And when I said goodbye to my mom there was some tears but I fought them back. Because high school means I'm a big girl now, and I don't cry on my first day. But at random parts in the day I have just felt it come on. I don't know why exactly. But I'm pretty sure it has to do with growing up :)

I'm getting older. And this is just a marker testifying to that.

And when I said goodbye to my dad, before I was about to enter the school that I would be in for the next 4 years, I fought back tears as well. This is all just so crazy.

But I'm excited to see what is to come from it. I'm excited for the next 4 years of my life. And I think they will be pretty cool. Even if they aren't the best years of my life. Today was the first day of the rest of my life. And I thought it was pretty good.

But we'll just have to see, like with everything. High school is this big change that everybody is anticipating, and it's scary. Soon enough it will just become a part of life. And soon enough I'll be graduating and moving on to college. And soon enough all of this school stuff will just be a thing of the past.

But I'm enjoying this moment. And it's going to be an amazing ride. So here's to high school.

-Rachael Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment