Thursday, August 30, 2012

Censored

Hello gingers! Today I want to talk about this. Because I can.

I was talking about politics and such and about how people in the left side of things tend to understand more about internet freedom and how important it is.

And someone in my life said that they were all for censorship. -_-

I've had to read a lot of Sheltering Suburban Mom to calm down about this.

I mean a lot.

So today I will do my best to gather all the thoughts I have about censorship and put it in here. Because I can, and I will.

You all know about the SOPA/PIPA/ACTA stuff that went on and how much of a fight the world put up. And all these new "internet freedom" organizations with huge corporations like Amazon, eBay, and Google. Which I don't necessarily trust that much.

But it could all become a reality in a matter of days, and it's going to be a tough battle to fight forever.

I believe censorship is the worst thing you could ever do. You are shutting off a voice that could possibly change the lives of millions. You are shutting down a revolution that is never going to stop.

And I think it's because people are scared. People don't understand, and are not willing to understand what the internet has to offer. And people are scared that the offering is something bigger than themselves.

You can sit in your office all day and solve all the world's problems, but until you actually figure out who they are happening to, and what is really happening amongst them, you will never understand the power of the people behind the protests. And who they are behind their username's.

The labor strike in China had a huge influence with the internet.

People are powerful, and people underestimate the power that the people hold.

Keep On Having Freedom,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment