Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Freeing Yourself From Pessimism

Hello gingers! Today I want to talk about what the self-explanatory title says. Good? Good.

Recently, I feel like I have freed myself from a lot of negativity in my life. And I realized it was the people that I was surrounding myself that was causing the problem.

I was surrounding myself with people who were always mad about this thing or another, and I felt burdened by what they had to say. They were bringing me down with them and I couldn't do anything to help them with anything anyway. They were wasting all this energy complaining about things they couldn't change.

They were pessimistic people, and because they were, I was becoming one too. I wasn't happy, and it wasn't right.

Because of that constant stream of anger that was being thrown at me, I wasn't happy.

And by being friends with some people, I was supporting this hate that I didn't want to. That's a whole other story but I am much happier now that I don't have that weight on my shoulder.

But it was so amazing to think about that right after I broke things off, I felt better. I felt free. I felt like I wasn't obligated to be with this person and try to support them with their constant depression that was being transferred to me.

And it happened in the most perfect time. Right before high school.

I am as confident as ever, and I'm ready to take on the world guys.

Keep On Being Confident,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment