Sunday, August 19, 2012

Let's Talk

Hello gingers! I don't think we've had a real good talk about my future on the internet for a while. Let's talk about me.

Don't you just love talking about me? I mean you must read this blog for a reason, right? Just kidding, I know you're only reading this to get all the secrets to the ginger rebellion, I got it.

But let's talk about what's going on right now, because I like to be honest with this, considering this is some of the few documentations of my life right now.

You may or may not know, but I have a blog that I do with 1 other person at the moment, and we talk about the news. We call it ION for short, and you can find it in the sidebar where it says "Other Blogs" But this is not a promotion no matter how much it sounds like. We need to talk about what is going on with it.

You also may or may not know, but I am the main contributor, over 80% of those posts, are mine. No, I am not the founder nor the owner of the url, but I do have a majority of the creative ownership. But I'm not happy with that. When I signed up for it, I wanted it to be a blog with everybody. I wanted us to have discussions. I wanted us to do it together. But it's just me.

And I have expressed to the owner and founder my disappointment in the project. I do not like where it is going. It is being advertised as a collaborative thing, but it is not. I would be better off doing something of my own, right?

Now, I'm not going to go off and do my own thing just yet. I'm still going to give ION the best shot it has. I really want it to be successful, but it doesn't seem likely.

So I have given the owner a date, for when I will take my leave if things don't change.

And it's not like I'm just leaving. I'm staying on the team for a little while longer to see if things change. But I don't have to justify that to you guys.

Tuesday is my official 10 day notice. And that scares me that I'm quitting my first un-paid job.

So I have this, my youtube channel, ION, and something new around the corner.

Just wait, it's coming together.

But I just wanted to let you guys know what is going on. Because obviously you care.

But there is just one last thing that might make a difference. And I know this is going to sound really pathetic but just hear me out. Every view counts. And I would really appreciate yours over there. We have about 200 views per month here. If you guys could do that over there, it would really, really, help. I know that this is so stupid, and you're probably so sick of it but thank you to the people who are helping us. Thank you so much. I know I'm just a girl typing something on her computer but I really appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you for the continued support.

We are almost at 2,000 blog views. I would do 2,000 jumping jacks for that.

Keep On Being Amazing Readers,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment