Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's A HUGE World After All

Hello gingers! I've learned that when you are across the country, you realize that the world is huge.

I'm just going to talk about that kind of stuff today. Because it's a pretty big deal to me.

The first time we realized the world around us was huge, was when we went to the Jefferson Memorial. The pictures don't do it justice but the ceiling is just so far above your head. The statue itself is enormous and it just shows you the legacy Thomas Jefferson left behind. This man wrote the final word from the place we were familiar to. He wrote the words that separated us from the rest of the world. He wrote the words that would start something much greater than anyone had expected. This building was huge and it just made you feel small. It made you feel like you need to strive to do something as great as Jefferson did.


The second place where we just kind of realized that we were small beings was Arlington National Cemetary. You think you are the most important person in the world. At least I did. And then you go somewhere here. You see miles of graves. Miles of tombstones. You think you have done so much to help this world and be a part of it. But then you realize that every single one of these people have done more for the worlds well being, our countries well being, and the well being of our own selves than we will do in our entire lifetime. They fought for our country. They fought for the daily lives we live today. They deserve the highest praise in the world for protecting the greatest country in the world. 



The Holocaust Museum also brought some light to our eyes. We realized that we are not, and we cannot be the center of attention at all times. There are things greater than what we know. We are not the most important thing. We are a nameless face to the rest of the world. And that's what all the people who died and suffered in the Holocaust were to the world as well. Nameless faces that didn't matter. I realized that they do matter. Everybody matters in this world and it's hard to see that every day people take that for granted. I matter. You matter. All my gingers in the world matter. Everybody beyond that too. 



I learned that the world is huge. I am not the only person in the world that matters. There are millions of other people who suffered for the greater good. They took their last breaths in the hope of a greater good. I have a new respect for the world around me. I have a new compassion for everyone. The people who have built what they have from the ground up are the people I look up to. They are all so amazing and deserve respect. That's hard to find now, but I hope I can start it. For the greater good. 

See you guys tomorrow. 

Stay Full Of Respect,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment