Thursday, March 8, 2012

We Should Start A Thing

Hello gingers! Back to the grind tomorrow because tests are over.

I'm almost sad because we had literally no homework, and we just goofed around in the classes we did have. Pretty sweet if you ask me. We got a lot of slack from teachers. And now it's over. Our lives are ruined. Forever.

No, just kidding but this now means grades, homework, and freaking spring break! I am so psyched because of that whole me going to Washington DC thing! Oh, and for sure mobile blog test will be this upcoming Saturday. We can't just try it out the first day of the trip. That would be ridiculous and completely something I would do.

I'd like to talk about a couple things today. Maybe my lack of following through with things? And making sense? I said this blog was gonna be about Kony but I've said everything I need to say in a 14 minute video on my second channel. I am attempting to upload it again because it's not working right now. Don't really know why. I do a lot of explaining over there. Why read when you can listen?

Yesterday, I completely missed my main point I was going to talk about. I was meaning to say that if your losing friends and life seems pretty hard, that I could be your friend. I love making new friends! The first real friends I made were Internet friends! Let me be your Internet friend! I'll comfort you when you need it!

Now I'm going to talk about something else that I'm not very happy about. Some of my "friends" have been ripping off some of my videos and ideas. Their videos are not good at all, but one of them is the exact same thing as "Thug Life" except with no editing, a shakier camera, and really bad effects. This makes me mad but one thing reassures me. They are never going to stick with it. I remember I use to do the same thing. I would make videos, think they were good and funny and then quit. But now, I have an audience I can rely on, and I have the discipline to stay with it. Now that it's part of my life I will never go back. This is incredible.

Which leads me to something else that just made me really happy. Maker Studios is the company that ShayCarl started in California when he was just getting big on YouTube. You can look them up if you really need too. But basically, it's a big, like serious company where youtuber collaborate together. They have internships going on right now, so I tweeter saying that I hope Maker will still be around in 6 years so I can be an intern. They tweeted me back like 5 minutes later saying that they'll be there. That just made my day.

That also makes me think of the future of this big thing we call YouTube. That's another blog for another day though.

We need to start a thing. We all need to have like this inside joke. I was thinking that "Keep Calm And Blog About It," is pretty good. What do you think? We need like something we can code each other with. Leave suggestions for our mythical gingerness!

That's it for today but I will see you guys tomorrow!

Stay Tuned Gingers,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment