Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Hello gingers! Today I have so much nostalgia, and fond memories from my past in my head today!

I don't know what it is, but it is one of the best feelings in the history of mankind. You can remember something and instantly giggle, get embarrassed in a funny way, cry, smile, and just be happy. Just one thing. Just one solitary remembrance of something in your past can change your entire day, week, or month, or year, or decade, or century. Just that memory that you will never lose. The memory that you will never part with. Like the stuffed bear that was in the hospital with you when you were born. Or the first thing you ever bought by yourself. Or scrapbook from when you were in fourth grade.

It changes your entire mood by just doing the simple act of remembering something that happened years ago. That's it. Sometimes it happens often, sometimes you feel lucky that you remembered this and it made you happy. Maybe it made you sad. But we tend to hide those memories. It's a thing you know.

This is so fascinating to me. I know this is about to get really nerdy but just bear with me. It's like using "Expecto Patronum". You have to think of your happiest memory to fend of the Dementors that are trying to suck the life out of you. What would be your memory?

If I was a witch, I think my memory would be when my teacher Mr. W told us his story and gave us these blue ribbons and why we matter. It's hard to explain but I got really emotional and it was one of the best memories I've ever had.

Or when my other teacher Mr. J was talking about me at parent teacher conferences. I was seriously almost bawling. That was really happy as well.

Teachers mean a lot to me.

What would be your memory?

It's crazy to me. I've been spending my day thinking about the past, thinking about all the good times, all the laughter, all the crying. My parents and I have been thinking about all the fun times we've had together. All the memories from when they were young and stupid. So amazing to think about the lives they've lived. And my future, and the life I have let to live.

It just leads me to believe that right now is the time to make all these awesome memories. To make mistakes. To just live without any thoughts of consequences.

I made an amazing memory with my best friend yesterday. A memory I will never forget. Being young and stupid is what I'm striving to do in a way. I'm not wasting my time.

We had the most incredible time yesterday. We will have so many memories from it. We will have so many memories together from this upcoming project together. We are creating these happy memories. We are making them so we can tell them to our children. To tell them and relive them to each other. To laugh at the mistakes we should have made. To have those memories that can completely change a day.

To have the memory I would use against Dementors.

See how nerdy I am?

Create these memories. Keep making them. Make mistakes. Life is too short for taking it seriously.

It's your time to shine. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. The world is your oyster.

Now go lick a baby duckling.

And fight off that Dementor that has always been inside of you.

I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Keep On Making Mistakes,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment