Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just Shake It Off

Hello gingers! I'm back from my trip and I missed 2 days of blogging. I do deeply apologize before I get to the rest of what I'm going to say.

If you have just joined here at the Ginger Rebellion, my goal was to blog every single day of the year. Well, I missed yesterday and the day before. Those days got a lot busier than expected and I just did not have time to blog until it was to late. I'm sorry about it, and I felt bad about it at first but I don't now. Everybody makes mistakes. It's not even that big of a deal. Shaycarl missed days too. It happens.

There were a lot of jokes made on the trip. We would laugh and be all funny together because that's who we are. But when a joke of mine wasn't as funny as I thought it would be and I would be the only one laughing I would stop and just look forward awkwardly. My friend Maleah and I created a name for this awkward gesture as "just shaking it off". This joke wasn't funny so you just wait for the next one to be funny. That's how I kind of took this experience to be.

I made a mistake. I missed a blog, and that wasn't funny so I'm just going to shake it off until the next one is funny. I'm just going to shake it off.

I'm not going to talk a lot of the trip RIGHT NOW. Stay tuned for the next couple of days to see blogs about the trip because there will be plenty of them. Right now I would just like to take the time to say thank you's to all the wonderful people who made the trip happen.

First I would like to thank Mr. and Mrs. W for choosing me and 52 other amazing, awesome, wonderful people to go on this trip. It has really been one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life. Thank you.

I would also like to thank Mr. and Mrs. R for also chaperoning us in the trip. They helped us out so much along the way.

Next I would like to thank School Tours of America for actually allowing us to go and experience the things we did. They organized everything and made it as easy as possible to have a great time.

Going along with that I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Don, our bus driver and tour guide in DC, and Robert, our tour guide in NYC. They were absolutely amazing and they made my trip so much better with personal stories that just enriched the experience.

Next, I would like to thank all the establishments who would allow 52 middle school children into their buildings, and stores, etc. They were so kind to help us out, and so eager to help us learn in our time there.

I will have an extensive list of all the places we went in a later blog but thank you to them too!

I would also like to thank everybody on the trip. They made my trip absolutely amazing and I was happy to spend my time across the country with them! Names in a later blog!

I'd also just like to give a little shoutout to Rachel P who had to go home early due to a bad case of influenza. We missed you and we hope you feel better!

I'm back to normal guys and I'll see you tomorrow.

Keep On Shaking It Off,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment