Thursday, March 22, 2012

Running Marathons

Hello gingers! Like I said, another stupid serious blog in the life of Rachael The Ginger.

I do hope some of you guys like these blogs. I kind of hope you are learning from them as well. I'm writing them to learn for myself actually. Inception.

As you may know Shaycarl ran a marathon (26.2 miles) this Sunday in 3 hours, 49 minutes, and something seconds. Maybe 6 months ago, he was more than 100 pounds heavier then he is today.

This is crazy to think about. He set a goal. He got tired of how things were. He wanted change. He didn't want to feel the way he did every day so he took ACTION and lost 100 pounds and ran a marathon in under 4 hours.

He set his mind to it. He always talked about cliché's and how they are cliché's for a reason. Don't give up. Work hard. Determination. He said that they work and they do! That's how he trained. He wanted something in his life, he wanted to reach his goal, he wanted to feel better and he did it.

He ran a marathon! That's crazy to think that it wasn't even that long ago when he was 280 pounds. He has come so far in his journey and this is really just the beginning. I know he has inspired me to a huge extent to just take action.

Nothing is going to get done in this world, unless there are people willing to do it. I am willing to step up. I am willing to type these keys every day, and sit down and make silly videos, and sing silly songs so just one person will feel better. Making one person laugh. That's it.

I am going to succeed. I know that for sure. I am working hard, and I'm determined, and I have goals and I'm going to reach them.

Even fitness goals I guess. (He really is inspiring)

Someday I would actually like to run a marathon. I would like to feel good. Feel like I have accomplished something. And I will. I will work hard for it and take all the advice that people have given me.

It all starts now.

This summer is going to blow your mind guys. I am going to have Ginger 1.7 going into high school. It's a new school, with new beginnings. Here we freaking go guys.

It's not necessarily the destination, it's the journey.

And every step of the way I will be blogging :)

Keep On Improvising,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment