Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's Definitely That Monster That Eats All Your Time

Hello gingers! Today is going to be very unusual. As in funny. I think this will be the first time in a while where I actually make something funny on the Internet.

It's a rare but important cause in the life on Rachael The Ginger.

First of all, I wanted to ask you all a question. It doesn't really have much to do with the topic of today's blog but I would like to mentally discuss it to myself because no one really comments on the blogs.

Here goes. Have you ever shot down or stopped a troll in their tracks? Recently I got some hater comments on my videos so as I usually do, I went and checked out their channel. I then posted a comment on their latest video basically saying this: You shouldn't troll when you have less views, less content, and less subscribers than the person you are trolling. It was a very calm thing, I wasn't really mad at the time. I thought it would put them in their place.

The troll replied today saying (exact quote) this:
"Well, your younger than me, and I have a right to my opinions."

No shit. Best comeback I've ever heard haha. I know it's mean but I just feel good knowing that I just stopped a troll in their tracks completely. By staying moderately calm and addressing the problem, I was able to solve this troll from commenting on my videos again.

I'm not going to reply because I know I've won the war. I just stopped an Internet bully.

That feels good. It may be borderline mean but hey, how long are trolls going to run the Internet? Someone has to stop them.

So, have you ever confronted and or stopped a troll? I'm very curious.

Now on to broader topics. Kind of going along the lines of this, I wanted to talk about random acts of kindness. I am a HUGE fan of this kind of stuff. It could be anything from buying a random person a coke, to donating large amounts of resources. Big or small they make me feel like there are still good people in the world. People who are willingto go out of their way just to make somebody else smile. It just makes the world go round. So, I am going to challenge myself and you guys out there to do one random act of kindness a day, either in secret or not asking for a reward whatsoever. Or recording one. It could even be as small as writing a nice note and putting in on a random persons desk, or putting it in a book in the library. Just do it. I gaurantee you will feel awesome afterward.

How have I been spending my time this weekend? Oh, just watching old communitychannel videos. And playing temple run. And reading rage comics. But I'm pretty sure it's the time eating monster. I mean like I try to clean my room, and do homework but he just keeps eating up all my time. I have like none left. That's why I'm blogging at 11. He's just always there.

Bu I'm always here too! I'll see you guys tomorrow!

Stay Timely,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment