Monday, January 2, 2012

Unlucky Resolutions

Hey gingers! It's January 2nd! Today is my second day blogging of the new year! Of course, as you would have assumed, it's time for Quickie News!

The only thing I really have to say today is about pages. On the sidebar there, there are pages you can click on. I want to heavily encourage you to go look at those. Especially the "Stuff I Forget To Say" page, and the "Shameless Promotion" page. The "Stuff I Forget To Say Page" is announcements that I need to tell you, but i have forgotten to mention in that days blog. It is also kind of a guide to the whole site in general. The "Shameless Promotion" page is a place where you can find links to any of my social networking sites, the collaborative blog, and more so check that out. Oh, I haven't talked about this much but there is also a page called "What Should I Do Next?" I'd like to talk about this page a little bit. It's kind of like a forum where you can leave suggestions for the site. Or new projects you might like me to do. Please head over there and comment. There is a better explanation over there too.

So you've been waiting for something? Here it is:



Happy? Here's the real blog.

It is said that January 2nd is the "Unluckiest Day of the Year." I don't really get that because it's New Year's Day that you have the hangover, you smell like the night before but you don't even know what really happened that night. But I won't argue with holidayinsights.com so its the unluckiest day of the year.

Just thought that was interesting because frankly, I'm having a pretty good day!

It is very amusing though because January 17th is "Resolution Quitting Day." LOL is all I have to say to that! I said in an earlier blog that resolutions are for people who need serious motivation to get anything done. I still stand by that, but I believe the new year is a time to evaluate and set goals. Like a fresh start. People make choices and set goals every day. The new year is just to make that a little easier.

I thought I would share my goals for 2012 on this blog. I have 10 of them and they are not in any kind of order. I will also give you a challenge at the end of the blog.

1) Blog everyday for a year

2) Reach 100 subscribers on my YouTube channel

3) Practice my violin 2 hours every week

4) Learn/write 12 songs on guitar (one every month)

5) Get a 3.8 GPA

6) Go to 10 NJHS meetings

7) Spend 1 day every week self-evaluating with a friend

8) Write 12 short stories (one every month)

9) Read 12 long books (not necessarily one every month)

10) Live every day like it's my last and live by the motto that happiness is a choice

So there you go! Now for my little challenge.

Write out your goals. If you don't write them out they are not going to get done. And put them somewhere where you will see them everyday. So you won't forget about them. Make them measurable goals that you can track. Not just like "I wanna lose weight." It has to be like, "I want to lose 30 pounds this year." Something like that.

Take my challenge, or not. Or just take it with a grain of salt. This is mainly just for me.

I hope you had a good "Unluckiest Day of the Year!" It was pretty good for me!

Stay Lucky,
Rachael The Ginger

P.S. The first SMRT BLOG won't be tomorrow, but next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment