Saturday, January 28, 2012

Reading Logs Are "Morally Wrong"

Hello gingers! Welcome to the first edition of "Morally Wrong!"

First off, I would like to say, that if you are a teacher who gives out reading logs, I do not mean to offend you. I am just going to tell you how reading logs are awful, and a disgrace to humanity, mk?

Obviously teachers read my blog.

Reading logs are the worst thing a teacher can give me nowadays. They are a waste of my time. My English teacher gives us reading logs every quarter, and even worse, we have to read 2 books of a certain genre. This quarter it's historical fiction. Now, on a regular day I am a history buff, and I love it. But when you give me a reading log, it's about to get ugly.

We have to read 1,300 pages. It sucks. Bad.

The thing about reading logs, is that they make kids not want to read. Now that I'm forced to read, I don't want to do it. It discourages me, and half the time I just write down books and have my mom sign it.

I'd like to explain that my mom HATES reading logs as well. She feels the same way I do. That's why she just signs it. To make a point? I don't know. But I do know that I forged her signature once because I forgot about the reading log. I told her about it and she said she didn't care. I have the best mom ever.

I guess you could say that reading logs are helpful. Some people do need to be forced to get it done, but it's still a bad thing to do.

They make kids feel like that it's a bad thing to read because they have to do it for school. It makes them not want to read when they are adults.

But, again with the Information Age strong it doesn't really matter. People are going to be reading articles on the internet. With all the social networking and sharing in this day and age, no one will read in  like 10 years. It will all be pointless.

But I'm getting off topic. Reading logs are terrible. They are terrible for your morals.

And that my friends is why reading logs, are morally wrong.

Stay Off-Topic,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment