Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kids Should Rule The World! (Warning: SMRT BLOG)

Hello gingers! Sounds like a great day for some knowledge in your tank!

So, I LOVE this podcast called "This American Life"

I would recommend it to ANYBODY! It is the most thought-provoking, mind-fudge inducing show that will EVER grace your ears!

You can download it for free on iTunes! Check it out! There website is http://www.thisamericanlife.org/

Freaking rad.

Anyway, they made a podcast called "Kid Politics" which you can watch if you feel like it. You'll probably be a little but lost if you don't. First time and probably last time I will give you homework.

The main question that was brought to my mind was this, "Would it really make a difference if kids ruled the world?"

I mean, kids are deciding their own rules, FOR THE BETTER! They are not just doing what they think is best for them. They are doing what's best for them, AND the people around them. They have set up this democracy that makes so much sense. Most of kids instinct, to me, is seeing that they have a problem and they need it resolved. That's what most people do in this world, right?

Especially with the kids in the Grenada situation. They knew what was common sense. They knew what has been ingrained in their minds from Day 1. They knew how to handle things like they were experts.

I think everything is like this. We are told what is right and what is wrong from a very, very, young age. So, what would the hurt be in letting kids try ruling the world?

It's a cool concept for me to grasp. How would this world be different? What things could kids get wrong? What would be changed?

I also feel like kids don't just see big pictures. They see details. They see individual things. Could this be a setback?

Now, I'm not saying in any way that kids should rule the world (ignore the title) but I am merely asking the question, what would happen?

I'd love to know what you think! Please answer the questions above or tell me what you think!

Hope I got your brain moving! The next SMRT BLOG will be February 7th, 2012! But, see you tomorrow with a regular blog!

Keep On Thinking,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment