Monday, April 2, 2012

A Friend I Will Miss

Hello gingers! You may not be obsessed with the internet and Shaycarl like me,  so you might have not heard the news that the SHAYTARDS dog, Malachi, passed away today.


I think all SHAYTARD Rebellionite's have this feeling sometimes. This feeling or realization that you care about this family almost more than anything. You know that you've never met them but you love them in every single way. It's a weird feeling when you think about it. You can love and miss someone so much and you have never met them in person. It's a weird emotional connection. There's really no other way to explain it.

There is really no other way to explain my love for youtube as well. It's just this connection you have with this person or in this case, this family. They have inspired you in so many ways and it seems like the only way to thank them, is through continuing to support their work and continuing to love them. It's all very crazy. I wish I could explain it better but I can't.

One of Shaycarl's greatest quotes is, "The only constant in life, is change."

This is a very sad thing for the SHAYTARD community, but I feel like we can lean on this statement for guidance. The only constant in life, is change. Things are changing sometimes very quickly for the shaytards like today, and sometimes things change over time for the better like how Shaycarl lost 100 pounds and he ran a marathon. The change is what makes it the SHAYTARDS. This family is not scripted. This family does not follow some kind of rule book. This is a family documenting their daily lives no matter what that entails. Beloved pets do pass away. People do decide to change their lives and get healthy. Sometimes (like what we saw back in 09/10) families get new members! And maybe there will be a new member soon, or a child starting school, or even something like one of them losing a tooth. It's all change and it all drives this community forward. It's all real life, and real life has some scary changes.

We lost someone near and dear to our hearts though. I personally have learned to love this dog to no end. I will miss him so much and he will never escape my thoughts or my heart. I love you Malachi. We all love Malachi.

We will never forget either.

Keep On Remembering,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment