Saturday, February 25, 2012

Rock Climbing Can Be Metaphor For Anything

Hello gingers! I think this will be the last of the deep blogs for a while! Were almost at 500 views!

Thats really exciting. I guess that's going to be a gushy blog too! But we need to do somethig fun! What do you want to do for it!? We have comments for a reason you know.

I guess first of I would like to ask you all to send your thoughts and prayers out to Charles Trippy and friends and family of his and of course the CTFxC community as well. He recently had a seizure and they found a tumor they need to remove in his brain. Please, please, please help in the cause to get #GetWellCharles trending on twitter. He is one of my biggest inspirations and one of the only reasons I started this whole Internet thing. He means a lot to me so I'll be thinking of him and the CTFxC and I hope you do too!

Now on to the title of the blog. Recently, we've been rock climbing in P.E. This is really exciting and I love rock climbing. But I didn't at first. I was terrible at it at first. It was really, really bad. But one day I just kept going and trying harder and I made it to the top! This was. Big moment of just awesome self-confidence though. I felt really awesome and I realized that rock climbing is the most cheesy but most true metaphors of life.

First you've got your harness and ropes which is your basic security of safety in life.

Especially your safety knot which will protect you if your first knot failed.

Then you actually have to go up the wall. It's hard and it's really a struggle but if you take your time and think of the right footholds you can make it to the top.

You also have to make decisions. You have to decide what holds to take, if your going to jump, or anything else like that. When you make the right decision for you, you can make it higher up the wall. If you don't you will fall. But you have a belayer on the ground who you can communicate to and they will catch you when you fall. You can get right back on the wall.

But, if your belayer fails, you have a back up belayer who can catch you.

And slowly, but steadily, you can make it to the top of the wall. Then you have to be lowered. Sometimes if you have the right belayer it can be smooth. But if you don't have a good belayer it can be rough.

Then when you get to the bottom, you realize how much you hurt your forearms or how many cuts you got. But if you reached your goal, it doesn't matter. Your self accomplishment made up for all of that.

Rock climbing. Effective metaphors.

I'm going to le you figure out how that could be applied in your life. It's a little self-reflection for you.

Thats it for today! I love you guys so much! See ya tomorrow!

Get Better Trippy,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment