Monday, July 30, 2012

London 2012

Hello gingers! I don't know what's going on with blogger but I guess we are going to have to deal with Times font if you don't mind.


Type in the comments if you're mad about it. Good to know that nobody is mad about it.


SO, the games of the 30th Olympiad have started and just to be completely honest here for a second, this is officially going to be the first Olympics that I pay attention to. Just throwing that out there. 


But I'm basically loving every second of it. And I can't even pinpoint what I love so much about it but I'll rant a bit and then I'll come to a really deep conclusion about the spirit of patriotism and somehow coming together for really mundane activities. Just kidding about the mundane activities part, I understand that people work really hard and dedicate so much of their lives to a sport.


The opening ceremonies had so much conflict and confusion about NBC kind of being jerks and the opening ceremony being a bit weird, but I thought it was awesome, really. I think they really embraced their country and what they stood for, and what they were proud of, even if that meant James Bond and the Queen jumping out of an airplane. I loved J.K. Rowling and the baddies and the drums. I loved a lot of it. Especially the technology part as well. And Mr. Bean.


David Beckham. David Beckham. David. David. Beckham. David Beckham.

I thought the torch thing was cool. I liked the fact that the young athletes were involved. What an experience that must have been. GO YOUNG ATHLETES.

I also really loved Hey Jude. Man Paul McCartney can do nothing wrong. I believe that.

Onto the games. First of all I would like to send my thoughts out to Missy Franklin of Centennial, Colorado. She is rocking it. You go girl.

I've found that I really enjoy watching rowing. Weird, right? Yeah. Rowing.

And beach volleyball. But that's cool anyway.

I'm getting so emotionally wrapped up in gymnastics, and just all the stories. Because everybody got there a different way, and I bet they are so happy for that. It's not about one athletes stories of success and triumph, it's about them all coming together and broadcasting an event that we will remember for ages.

I am just really starting to love the Olympics. They do in fact bring us together in a way I would have never thought possible. Not just as a community, or a country. But the world is brought together. We are able to celebrate our diversity, with what we do best, competition. We put our best foot forward with the best athletes in the world.

And of course, because I'm from 'Merica, Go 'Merica. I want them to crush everybody else out there. Because America is the best. At everything. No hard feelings?

Told you it would end with patriotism.

Keep On Passing The Torch,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment