Saturday, June 16, 2012

Consciously Deciding To Be A Better Person

Hello gingers! Because I'm a socially awkward penguin I have many life instances where I regret what I have said or done or acted or whatnot.

Ever since I started watching the SHAYTARDS and I was inspired to be a better person I have been taking it very seriously. But it is the norm to just follow along with society. For instance, it's a lot easier to not smile and say thank you when you receive your food at an establishment. It is also what a lot of people do. But each and every one of you know that's not right. So how do you fix it?

How do you become this better person that this chick on the internet is ranting about? You have to consciously decide to be a better person before you can become a better person.

Now, I hope I don't seem really obnoxious and I hope I don't seem like I'm boasting that I'm a better person then you because I'm not. I'm trying to share to you my experiences.

Just today I was returning my cart at CostCo to the little cart return place in the parking lot. A gentleman was just coming over to collect all the carts. I gave my cart to him and he thanked me. Instead of thanking him as well for the service he is doing me by taking the cart of my hands I said "no problem."

As soon as I walked away I regretted what I had said. I was in no position to suggest that I'm superior to him when he thanked me and I didn't thank him for the wonderful job he was doing.

But the point of all of this is that consciously, I realized that I had not acted like a polite, kind, person would have acted. I realized the mistake I made and I consciously decided that it wouldn't happen again.

Kindness is one of the greatest qualities you can have. But to achieve it, you must consciously, and purposefully decide that you want to be kind and you want to be a better person, and overall, the greatest person you can possibly be in this world.

It's a big world, and we only have so much time on it. I smile can change someone's whole world. Start changing the world, person by person.

Keep On Being Conscious,
Rachael The Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment